Your Synergy Trades Ultimate Guide to Plumbing Services and Maintenance on the Sunshine Coast
With a combined experience of close to 70 years, our team here at Synergy Trades have been asked a lot of questions about plumbing services and maintenance. Now, we are going to answer the ones that are most asked by our customers.
Welcome to Your Synergy Trades Ultimate Guide to Plumbing Services and Maintenance.
Question #1 – How often should I replace the plumbing in my house or business?
Obviously, when plumbing fixtures are broken or malfunctioning and cannot be repaired, they should be replaced immediately. You will need the keen eyes of a highly skilled and experienced plumber though to properly diagnose the issue or any underlying causes. This will ensure that you will not need to spend more than you need to in the long run.
In any case, here are the average lifespans of plumbing found around the house or business and when you can or need to replace them.
- Water Supply Pipes
- Galvanised Steel Pipes – 80 to 100 years after installation
- Brass Pipes – 80 to 100 years after installation
- Copper Pipes – 70 to 100 years after installation
- Drainage Pipes
- Cast-iron Pipes – 80 to 100 years after installation
- PVC Pipes – Indefinite lifespan
- Hot Water Systems – Can last anywhere from 10 to 15 years after installation. Tankless systems can last longer around 15 to 20 years.
- Although hot water systems may need to be replaced when –
- There is not enough heating caused by a broken burner or heating component.
- There are leaks from the heather.
- There is rust on the heater.
- The thermostat is always malfunctioning.
- The circuit breaker for a tankless water heater keeps tripping.
- You need to replace a tap if it is leaking, broken, or malfunctioning and cannot be repaired by a professional plumber.
- How often you will need to replace bathroom, kitchen, and any other faucets on your property will depend on the quality of the engineering and the water that flows through them.
- You can replace a faucet 1 to 5 years after installation if you find one that has better functionality, you need to increase water efficiency, or you want one with better aesthetics or a newer design.
Question #2 – Can anyone do plumbing repair?
Nowadays, you can watch a YouTube video that can teach you how to repair simple plumbing fixtures. Something like fixing a leaking faucet can be done by yourself if you are capable enough. You must remember though that the quality of the repair may not be the same as when done by a professional.
Of course, if you want to ensure that your plumbing repair meets all safety and quality standards, you must get the services of a fully licenced plumber. This especially holds true with more complicated plumbing mechanisms and components that need to be fixed by highly trained and skilled experts.
Question #3 – What are some tips for handling your own plumbing repairs?
Here are important tips you can follow if you are trying to fix plumbing yourself.
- Tip #1 – You must make sure that you have complete understanding of the problem and how to fix it properly.
- Tip #2 – You have to get all tools, equipment, and supplies needed for your specific project.
- Tip #3 – You must buy parts and components that meet Australian safety and quality standards.
- Tip #4 – You have to shut off the main water supply so you can prevent any major water damage.
- Tip #5 – You should wear gloves and other safety gear for added protection just in case something untoward happens. You can consider wearing old clothes as well because plumbing repairs can get messy at times.
- Tip #6 – You must make sure to have the phone number of a fully licenced plumber in case the project takes a turn for the worse. Call Synergy Trades on (07) 5452 5329 and we will send our expert plumber ASAP.
Question #4 – What are the best plumbing services on the Sunshine Coast?
Here at Synergy Trades, we take pride in offering the best plumbing services in Sunshine Coast that focuses on three major plumbing systems.
- Water Supply
- Hot Water Systems
- Installation of a new hot water systems in your home or business
- Repairing or servicing your existing hot water system
- Replacing or upgrading your existing hot water system
- Replacement of an element or thermostat in your hot water system
- Water Leak Detection
- Locating hard-to-find water leaks using the latest technologies.
- Locating the source of unexplained surface moisture or ground dampness
- Locating water leaks below concrete slabs, driveways, and walls.
- Water bill reduction and assistance with credit claims from Unitywater.
- Blocked Drains
- Blockage Inspection – We use the best drainage cameras and CCTV technology to identify and locate blockages. We can show our clients what’s in your drains using photographic evidence.
- Blockage Clearing – We remove blockages thoroughly using the industry leading hydro jetting method (jetter).
- Drain Maintenance – We keep your drainage systems functioning effectively, prevent serious drain blockages, and reduce lingering bad odours.
- Drain Repairs – Complete or partial repair of drainpipes and systems.
- Drain and Sewer Cleaning – For professional heavy-duty cleaning that clears blockages.
- Blocked Drains
- Hot Water Systems
Question #5 – What are the benefits of proper plumbing maintenance?
Your plumbing systems and its different components need maintenance to ensure that they work properly and last for the maximum lifespan. The benefits of having proper plumbing maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis by a fully licenced plumber include –
- Better water quality and pressure
- Better health and quality of life for your family
- Lower water bills
- Increased lifespan of plumbing
- Saving money on plumbing repair expenses
- Prevention of plumbing emergencies
- Increased property value
Question #6 – What does a professional plumbing repair service cover?
Here at Synergy Trades, our professional plumbing repair service covers –
- Troubleshooting – Finding any damaged or malfunctioning mechanisms or parts in your plumbing system.
- Repair – Fixing devices or components that are broken or not working properly.
- Replacement – Exchanging mechanisms or parts that cannot be repaired with new ones.
Keep this ultimate guide handy when you have questions about plumbing services and maintenance. If you have any questions, concerns, or need the services of our expert Synergy Trades plumber, do not hesitate to call our team on (07) 5452 5329.
We aim for complete customer satisfaction on every project. See what our customers have had to say about working with us.